I wanted a place to compile all of my slide decks as I teach EME6357: Evaluation of Instruction & Training in Human-Performance Technology at Florida State University. Enjoy!
This course focuses on the evaluation of training and instruction through a systemic analysis of the organization sponsoring the training program. The course also provides the knowledge and skills for conducting an HPT-based evaluation of training systems. Students actively participate in discussions, presentations, synthesis of materials, and the writing of papers.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of training programs in the context of Human Performance Technology (HPT).
- Describe theoretical foundations of evaluation and their application to organizational performance environment through class participation and discussions.
- Discuss the dominant approaches to evaluation of training through class presentations.
- Analyze a training system and produce a series of evaluation questions as drivers of design and development of evaluation.
- Develop a training evaluation plan by proposing appropriate analysis, methodology, implementation and communication approaches.
- Synthesize the proposed activities into an evaluation proposal as the final class project.
Module 0: Course Welcome
Wednesday, August 25, 2021
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6357-module0/, or scroll through below:
Module 1: What is Evaluation?
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6357-module1/, or scroll through below:
Module 2: Systems Analysis & Training Programs
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6357-module2/, or scroll through below:
Module 3: Evaluation Methodology
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
View the slides at https://bretsw.github.io/eme6357-module3/, or scroll through below:
Module 4: Creating an Evaluation Plan
Wednesday, November 10, 2021